Re: [ARSCLIST] Dolby 422-B?

Hi, Jeff --

> I'm being offered a Dolby 422 out of the UK for a good price.
> The seller is
> telling me that it is not the "B" unit which included Dolby
> S, and that an
> optional card needs to be purchased so that the unit will have S
> functionality. Now, every 422 I've ever seen has had S,
> including a unit I
> already have sourced from the UK and none of 'em says
> anything about a B
> model anywhere on it. Something stinks IMO.

I can't say with absolute certainty, but I believe S *was* optional.
And, you can still upgrade an "S-less" 422 with parts from Dolby. Hang
onto your wallet, though, as you're looking at over $900 to do it.

If you need S, stay away from that unit.

Hope this helps.

-- Steve

Steve Puntolillo
Sonicraft Inc. - Analog and Digital Audio Services
http://www.sonicraft.com