[ARSCLIST] Fwd: Re: [ARSCLIST] Reel-to-reel preservation supplies?

OOPS...

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> Robert Hodge 9/29/2006 2:16 PM >>>
Resist the temptation to cover up the slots with tape. The adhesive
could bleed out , polluting the magnetic tape itself.

Bob Hodge

>>> marie.oconnell@xxxxxxx 9/29/2006 1:54 PM >>>
I agree with Steve, using enough leader should solve this, otherwise
you are
back to the 10.5 reels.  I realise this seems like a waste for small
reels but
if you feel safer with this then it is your only alternative.  That
means you
will need to purchase 10.5 acid free boxes also.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Marie
--
Marie O'Connell
Sound Archivist/Sound Engineer/Sound Consultant