[ARSCLIST] 7" NAB reels, was: Reel-to-reel preservation supplies?

Wow, times sure have changed! Every commercial open reel tape I ever saw came on them, and we used to put our most valuable recordings on them in radio and studio work. Bob O says that they used to be called "flutter-free" reels, as the larger hub keeps machine spooling motor variations from affecting the playback.

Ther's a photo of one at
<http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/usrecordingmedia- store_1917_712347>

and all sizes illustrated at:
<http://www.elmarplastics.com/audiorel.htm>

Surprising to be more knowledgeable than somone else on thie elist!

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689