Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

I was no aware that such orchestras no longer had recording contracts.Can anyone elaborate ?
  I could not agree more about poor-sounding streams.Perhaps,as you say,they could offer a higher bit rate,at a modest price.
Has anyone heard the archived historical broadcasts,The Met was supposed to offer on the web ? I would gladly pay for such broadcasts,of The Chicago,Cleveland,etc. orchestras,or from The BBC,or from German/Italian/Austrian,etc. orchestras.
                   Roger Kulp
Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      One thing that would be a great use for the Internet and classical would be if orchestras
would podcast their concert broadcasts. It could introduce a whole new audience to the genre and to
the difference between live performance and recorded performance. I'd gladly pay a couple of dollars
if the bitrate were high enough that the sound was really OK. Plus, for instance, I'd gladly pay
once in a while to hear the Cleveland or Chicago or a European orchestra. No way I'd ever be able to
hear their broadcasts -- and a lot of these orchestras don't have regular recording contracts
anymore.

   I can't see why this isn't a reality already. I see that some orchestras have
terrible-sounding Real or WinMedia streams, but who wants to be pinned to their desktop?

-- Tom Fine