Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

Tom Fine RE: Orchestra podcasts writes:
>a lot of these orchestras don't have regular recording contracts
>anymore. I can't see why this isn't a reality already.

Speaking as someone who now actively records a major American symphony
orchestra I can sum it up in two words: musicians unions.  However, the
new generation of musicians is hip to the value of an online presence and
they are voting for a change in the situation.  There has recently been
progress that may result in many more orchestras appearing online and on
CD, again, at last.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet