[ARSCLIST] Azimuth page updated

Christie and others -- with some good input from Michael Casey, I've updated my Azimuth page.

On the Ampex list, Steve Fuller suggested that you don't need to adjust azimuth for every tape. Indeed you do not if they were recorded on the same recorder with the same adjustment. In my work, I never know that. I have a bunch of 407 Ampex 2-track 1.88 in/s oral histories to do. After baking, I'll see how much they vary. Should be interesting. I suspect that they'll all be within the range of "mindless tweaking" and very far off from the demo at the Web site.

http://richardhess.com/notes/2006/09/27/azimuth-hows-and-whys/

I'd appreciate any feedback or questions, but I'm leaving early Friday AM for San Francisco. Yup, I'm d-d-d-driving to the Audio Engineering Society conference. I'll be on the Broadcast Engineering Radio Panel at noon on Saturday 2006-10-07 and presenting my paper on tape degradation on Sunday 2006-10-08 in the 9 AM session P20. I'm scheduled to be the third paper, but these things sometimes change.

Cheers,

Richard