Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

Tom Fine wrote:
Right, again, niche players. Limited marketing budget, etc. Most of the world's back catalog of classical music is owned by Universal and BMG/Sony and EMI. I think if you took a census, they would own about 85-90% of total back catalog of recordings. The reasons why so much of it is out of print has been detailed ad nauseum by me and others.

-- Tom Fine

I'll suggest that whatever Polydor is now (notably the DG label), it has a library comparable with the two you cite with Decca/London not far behind.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/