Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

In a message dated 9/25/2006 8:28:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The CD...or, more likely, the DVD...is fairly sure to remain...at least
until we are totally used to, and comfortable with, the concept of
storing ALL our information on the hard drive(s) (or whatever may
replace them) of our home computers.

Why save anything, when, for less than the cost of the storage space, you can
download another copy or listen to it inline?

How much does it cost (or will in another decade) to store and access a high
quality file of a song or symphony?

If someone can make money selling access for a few cents a download, and
establish a payment method, someone will.

Mike Csontos