Re: [ARSCLIST] discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

I'm more interested in the jazz stuff because some of those records were very good performances by some "old lions" at the very end of their good-performance lives. But classical is interesting, too. Since it's WELL KNOWN that you can make great classical recordings with one mic (mono) or three (stereo), the only impediment to D2D would be if the orchestra could pull it off.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

Thomas Stern wrote:
I do not recall how much pop material was recorded d2d, but two albums I know of are
by Taj Mahal, and by Tracy Nelson.
from the discussion, seems like mostly classical (or is that the focus of members of this group)>?
So....who is going to take on the project of compiling the discography??
Best wishes, Thomas.

Not I, said the ...

My interests are largely classical, though I was easily sold on the Sheffield-style jazz by the sonics alone. I've nothing against most of the other forms - including jazz - I simply never learned to appreciate them.

Maybe in my next lifetime.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx