Re: [ARSCLIST] ^ Letter on British Copyright Term Extension

Bob Olhsson wrote:

Rod Stephens wrote:

In Hollywood and L.A. , it's the union that covers most of the concert, recording and backup singers.

Everybody I knew had to be a member of both AFTRA and AGMA (or was it AGVA?) if they were going to perform live as well as record. Maybe they have some sort of cross-union recognition going on today.

I think that AFTRA was for artists that performed on television or radio while AGMA covered recording and concert artists. To quote the AGMA web site:

THE LABOR ORGANIZATION THAT REPRESENTS THE MEN AND WOMEN
 WHO CREATE AMERICA'S OPERATIC, CHORAL, AND DANCE HERITAGE

Rod