Re: [ARSCLIST] Registry of Digital Masters

steven c wrote:
First...consider that it is possible, at this point, to make a digital copy of ANYTHING (excepting a solid object...)!
The University of Chicago is involved in 3-D scanning of caves in China and bits of statues removed from said caves. Software will allow them to digitally reconstruct the reliefs (and provide guides to actual restoration, if such is decided.

I know that MRIs, X-rays and CT scans are used to decipher fused documents. So I think "ANYTHING" unqualified.

Barbara

Barbara Need
Manager & Archivist