Re: [ARSCLIST] ^ Letter on British Copyright Term Extension

Steven C. Barr wrote:
>IMHO, the music/record industry (which will be merged into a single
>mega-corporation by then and may LITERALLY own governments...) will
>eventually take full control of ALL music...and ALL access thereto.

As a matter of fact the only reason the government, corporations and rich patrons NO LONGER have TOTAL control of all music and access to it is the fact that individuals became entitled to equity in the music they create and could earn a living by selling the right to listen to it. There is actually a very serious freedom of speech issue if individuals can no longer afford to perform or distribute their own music. Take away copyright and it turns our most gifted performers and composers into employees of the upper class.

Myself, I find the idea of having to buy real estate, healthcare and food far more unjust than having to buy old music recordings from the descendants of the folks who created them.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com