From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Lennick
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 10:24 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Weingartner mystery

That's like Victor Borge's line: "The Steinway people have asked me to
announce
that this is a Baldwin piano."

I know there was a mention of its being misattributed somewhere, possibly in
the Weingartner discography in the HMV box set (early 70s) which is away
from
me at the moment. Reason I ask is that I did the Weingartner Brahms set for
Living Era Classics last year and THOUGHT I'd listed everything correctly,
but
a purchaser has written saying we've goofed (either that or he has).

dl