Re: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp

Upon recording, equalization modifies both frequency and phase; these are
interrelated. Upon playback, perfect de-equalization would precisely
introduce the opposite frequency and phase modifications. A good preamp
would closely approximate the ideal, correcting both frequency and phase.
Equalization schemes were built upon simple circuitry, and the interrelated
frequency-phase plots are rather simple and easy to reproduce with a few
resistors and capacitors.

Recording hall reverberations are a separate topic, and have been discussed
elsewhere.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.