Re: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp

Steven C. Barr wrote:
>The "analog phone preamp"...which, one assumes, would have capacitances
>and inductances in its circuitry...would (or at least in theory should)
>induce phase shifts. To further confuse things, I suspect those phase
>shifts would be related to the frequencies involved in the sound signal
>being dealt with!

And let's not forget capacitively coupled inputs, home receiver tone
controls, speaker crossover networks, etc. etc.  Audio's a mess by the
time it gets to the ears...  ;-)

We're all dealing in illusions shaped by personal preferences.
Fortunately, the ear-brain combo is remarkably good at listening *through*
the tangle to tease out what is desired.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet