Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation media WAS: Cataloguing still :-)

Mike Richter wrote:

> Per Wikipedia (consistent with my faulty memory):
>
> "The Compact Disc reached the market in late 1982 in Asia and early the
> following year in other markets."

By late 1982 (October 20th, to be specific) I had moved from Toronto to
Edmonton, but a live-to-air demonstration of compact discs on the CBC Stereo
Network had occurred in my presence in Toronto prior to that date. Definitely
before the first week in September.

dl