Re: [ARSCLIST] Not using headphones

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Compare that to the primative Hound Dog Taylor records
> that formed that company. Awesome stuff. Who cares if his guitar is
sometimes out of tune and the
> amp sounds like the speaker is ripped?

It may have been Hound Dog Taylor who was noted for saying, "Tune it?
It was in tune when I bought it!"

And "speaker abuse" was an early way of achieving distortion...apparently
based (though this may be apocryphal) on an amplifier that fell off a
roof rack en route to a distant gig, and actually sounded "better"
after its mishap...

I use what I call "5 watt" (the rating of many of them) tube amplifiers,
miked into the PA (so I can turn them up until I get typical overdriven
sound without blowing the audience against the rear wall!)...