Re: [ARSCLIST] Cables- was Can 78s sound better than LPs?

In a message dated 8/28/2006 3:56:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pattac@xxxxxxxx writes:

----- it  is all about the reproduction of transients, without smearing. I
have  precisely the opposite need in my office wiring system - single phase.
My  fuse is an electromagnetic trip fuse. Whenever I switch on my analog
office copier the fuse blows. This means that I have to switch off all
printers, several computers (except the one on a UPS) in order to be able  to
switch the fuse back on and then try to hit a zero crossing in the  voltage
the copier (mind you, this is easier than in the US, because we  have only 50
Hz). Then, after a few attempts I can switch life in the  office back on,
item
by item. This quickly became intolerable, and I took  a 100' extension cord,
hefty grade, to supply the copier. Obviously I  did not want a tremendous
voltage drop during normal operation, so I had  to use heavy gauge. While the
resistance is low, the impedance of the  coiled up extension cord is
sufficient to smear the inrush current  transient, and everybody is happy.

Brilliant!

Don Chichester