Re: [ARSCLIST] Cassette speeds, was Can 78s sound better than LPs?

Steven Smolian wrote:
Years ago, Jay McKnight made a 400 hz tone cassette for me. It's come in handy many times.

Steve Smolian

I should think anyone dealing professionally with cassettes would have a Dolby reference tape. Though I'm a rank amateur, I have a pair of them and have used them often in setting up decks to transfer tapes. IIRC, the tone is 1 KHz, but regardless of the frequency it is recorded at reference level and the two (from different sources) continue to check out against one another after decades of occasional use.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/