Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

In cheap cassette decks, the motor often has an opening (sometimes taped over) which allows a very thin screwdriver to adjust the spped of the motor.

Yes, and how easy is it to get it just right, even with a test tape and a frequency meter? On my old Sonys I sometimes saw the readout change as I withdrew the driver... Takes patience and a steady hand!

And a plastic screwdriver, not a metal one.

Diamond Productions
Preserving the past for the future.
Dave Bradley   President