Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

Yes, Tom, but just imagine using the original deck AND the special cables! The client is ecstatic. I get credit too. Just by doing what he wants, which is the simplest thing.

Now if he made me buy the cables to use with his material that would be a different kettle of fish...

By the way, while we have some animated discussion as we do the work, I never dispute that he can hear the differences. I may say, I have not heard the difference, to which he responds, but have you compared them? I say a simple no, without mentioning that I do not have a refined listening room nor the gear to do a true A-B-X comparison.

A fellow engineer I once worked with who was an audiophile on his own time, told me that the reason I couldn't hear the differences was because I didn't have $40,000 speakers... Well, the proof of my audio pudding is what the client and their customers hear in the product - an audio CD. Never get complaints on the results!

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689