From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Rice
Sent: Thu 17 Aug 2006 17:28
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] stereo or double mono

Hi Arsc-L,
	Does anyone know any software or process where I could quickly
analyze a stereo audio file and find out if it has two different tracks
(stereo) or if it is just double mono. I have a number of audio files
that were recorded digitally which I suspect are double mono but is
there a way to make sure. It seems like a piece of software could just
subtract left from right and if the difference is 0, then double mono.
Thanks,

David Rice
Archivist
Democracy Now!
87 Lafayette St.
New York, NY 10013
Phone: (212) 431-9090 x811
Fax: (212) 431-8858
Email: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Music from EMI

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly forbidden. If you need assistance please contact us on +44 20 7795 7000.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Group plc.

Registered Office: 27 Wrights Lane, London W8 5SW

Registered in England No 229231.