Re: [ARSCLIST] stereo or double mono

On Thursday 17 August 2006 13.30, Mike Richter wrote:
> Near-impossible cases are those which are neither conventional stereo
> nor dual-mono.

And then there is the engaging phenomenon of the "historic mono recording" to
which a stereo reverb is added during post-processing. I suspect that meters
and graphs won't show much of a visual difference between the tracks,
although one's ears will tell one right away that there is an audible
difference.

(Why would anyone add stereo reverb to a piece labeled as "historic mono
recording" is something I'm very much dying to ask the Australian
Broadcasting Corp, who issued the CD in question - especially when a very
clean, clear mono transfer has been commercially issued and is probably
available for licensing...)

Michael Shoshani
Chicago