To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:28 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] stereo or double mono

Hi Arsc-L,
Does anyone know any software or process where I could quickly analyze a stereo audio file and find out if it has two different tracks (stereo) or if it is just double mono. I have a number of audio files that were recorded digitally which I suspect are double mono but is there a way to make sure. It seems like a piece of software could just subtract left from right and if the difference is 0, then double mono.
Thanks,

David Rice
Archivist
Democracy Now!