Re: [ARSCLIST] RCA Metal Parts in Camden.

So this story is second- or more-hand? I'd tend to think, urban myth. Does anyone know Vince Giordano? He'd know the answer.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Spencer" <js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] RCA Metal Parts in Camden.

Here is the link, the author is Bill Holland.

http://www.billholland.net/bholland.html

John

John Spencer
BMS/ Chace LLC
1801 8th Ave. S.  Suite 200
Nashville, TN 37203
office (615) 385-1251
fax (615) 385-0153
cell (615) 714-1199
email: jspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bridgemediasolutions.com

On Aug 15, 2006, at 9:43 AM, Steve Ramm wrote:

In a message dated 8/15/2006 6:37:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Also, on a different topic. You seem very expert on the 78 era. Is it myth or fact that RCA buried a bunch of metal parts and masters when they tore down their Camden NJ plant? And I guess more importantly, did they bury anything important/valuable vs. obscure one-disk wonders?

There was a discussion of this on 78-L last month and someone  posted the
article in Billboard mag describing this. I can't find the link  anymore.

Steve