To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 12:30 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] To bake or not to bake?

With my small scale tape transfers, when I get radio airchecks (from a small nonprofit I used to work for) I always bake them before even trying them (just the other day I had one the had unbranded Shamrock junk spliced to Scotch 176, so I would have needed to bake half the reel), but now I have a few reels and woudl rahter not bake if not needed, as they are record label masters.

Ampex 456 from 1988
Scotch 206 and 207 from mid 70s
Scotch 226 mid 80s

What say the experts?

Thanks,

Lou

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
Albert Einstein