Re: [ARSCLIST] help needed regarding sputnik documentary

One of our Seattle stations, KING-TV, sent a camera outside,
fitted with the long reflector telephoto they'd built to air
the hydro races, to broadcast an image of Sputnik crossing
overhead.  I saw a recording of this long ago on, I believe,
an anniversary special for the station.  As I recall, the
sky was typically overcast and they didn't see the satellite,
but the attempt was a good example of how newsworthy it was.
Someone at KCTS (Seattle's PBS station) might be able to
put you in touch with the appropriate person at KING.  The
two stations have a long association - KING donated the
equipment that originally put KCTS on the air.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx