Re: [ARSCLIST] Ives' Universe Symphony

Done and done.

thanks David,
Brandon

At 11:06 AM 8/9/2006, you wrote:
That's easy -
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=43:128916

This is the Johnny Reinhard edition, which makes the most sense and is
the most "ivesian." This is also one of the greatest sound recordings
ever made in my opinion - even if you hate Ives there's no denying how
three-dimensional and lifelike this is.

I guarantee this will NOT turn up at your local Best Buy. But it's easy
to order from here

http://www.stereosociety.com/index.html

And I should say that it wasn't "aborted" - a lot of Ives' verbal
descriptions of it are quite precise, and that, taken with his extant
sketches and the difficult to read verbal comments on those, are enough to
raise the whole. He just didn't have the stamina to pull together a full
score by himself.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide
1168 Oak Valley Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
734 887 8145

"Music expresses what one cannot say, but about which one cannot remain
silent." - Victor Hugo