[ARSCLIST] Ives' Universe Symphony

Personal question here..

Been reading about Ives' aborted Universe Symphony lately (again) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a definitive version that I might track down to hear. The word "definitive" is obviously relative in this case -- I know, I know.. -- since any version out there is nothing more than interpretation of how the thing *might* have sounded were it completed. Shades of 'Eyes Wide Shut', you might say. (Only...y'know...less Ligeti and more Ives.)

Anyway, this may be a wild goose chase. I don't know. Perhaps the only recordings out there are boots. That's why I'm asking..

facing the full force of a dissonance like a man,
Brandon

Brandon Burke
Archivist for Audio Collections
Hoover Institution Archives