Re: [ARSCLIST] Scotch 200 box photograph -Del's Response

Guy looks like he could Glen Miller's lost twin!
  Roger Kulp

"Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Glad you're finding this useful. Delos Eilers originally did this
for 3M. I asked Herr Friedrich Engel, the former BASF Historian and
author to do the BASF one and he did a wonderful job. I wish Del
would add the sunset dates for each tape type, but it's a lot of work
and the data is not conveniently done--you have to look for the
absence of a tape on one year's price list and make sure it appeared
the previous year.

Scott Dorsey who works at NASA/Langley put together a less detailed
list for Ampex tapes
http://www.recordist.com/ampex/docs/apxtape.txt