Re: [ARSCLIST] Scotch 200 box photograph -Del's Response

It's amazing how little in that book concerns magnetic recording. 3M was far and away the leader in tape manufacturing for a long time, yet there are very few mentions of it. I know that magnetic tape was just a small part of 3M even in its heyday, but sheesh, this was a multi-billion dollar business at one time.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Judson" <loujudson@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 9:43 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Scotch 200 box photograph -Del's Response

I'm sure I have a copy of one of those boxes deep in my archive, but would love to see it online. I did some googling and found a fascinating history of 3M, including a pdf of in-depth highlights of their history. Quite interesting for a few minutes exploration:

<http://tinyurl.com/f26e8>

Click on the 3M story BOOK link to download the 8MB, 248 page pdf.
Unfortunately the photo in question does not seem to appear anywhere on
the site... Anyone have a link to it online?

<L>
Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689