Re: [ARSCLIST] 5" discs more hearty than some think

Speaking of heat and sunlight damage, I thought of this yesterday
while walking out to my car while holding a CD-R.  Does sunlight alone
damage a CD, or is it just the heat that's generated?  I'm sure I knew
this at some point, but the knowledge has since leaked out of my
brain...

And I would assume that there are different rates of vulnerability for
CDs, CD-Rs, DVDs, etc.  Anyone have any specifics on this?

----------------------------- Trey Bunn Folklife Archivist Alabama Department of Archives and History Montgomery, AL 334-353-4711