Re: [ARSCLIST] 5" discs more hearty than some think

Hi,

This is something on the subject.

Trey Bunn wrote:

Speaking of heat and sunlight damage, I thought of this yesterday
while walking out to my car while holding a CD-R.  Does sunlight alone
damage a CD, or is it just the heat that's generated?  I'm sure I knew
this at some point, but the knowledge has since leaked out of my
brain...

I've had a series of about 200 CDs that I manufactured and stored in my garage for about two years. The temperature gets to be over 100 degrees in the summer in there. I just pulled them out and did spot checks on every five or ten of them in sequence (old radio shows). They all tested and played beautifully. Just a bit of personal experience.

Rod Stephens