Re: [ARSCLIST] Asperger's Syndrome (was How Vinyl Records Are Made Part 1)

see end...
----- Original Message -----
From: "phillip holmes" <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx>
> At least what you hoard is rare and getting rarer.  And you've done
> something with the knowledge that helps other people.  I don't ever see
the
> point in having something just to have it, and two million other pressings
> exist (I bet the guy has Thriller and Synchronicity--not bad albums, but
> collectible?).  And thank God that you don't have any Queensryche (you
> don't, do you?).  Perhaps you're a little more like me.  You'd hate to see
> something of some value go lost forever and you feel it's your purpose in
> life to save something or make a contribution.
> Phillip
Made
> Part 1)

Actually, I collect 78's for two main reasons:
1) I enjoy the music on about 90% of the ones I own ("Doggie In the
Window" does NOT count!).

2) My inner desire to create databases for any objects that exist in
more than one form or type has been (so far) successfully restricted
to the art/science of discography. In fact, my ultimate goal (which
I could accomplish if I was about forty years younger and forty times
richer) remains the creation of the ultimate 78rpm record database,
listing every 78 ever issued. I don't want all the records (I'd
gladly take them if the opportunity arose, though)...I just want
all the information about them on my computer!

And if I had Bill Gates' money, I'd start collecting 19th century
structures...so far I'm up to one...
:-)
...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/