Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury co-founder Irving Green passes

On 10/07/06, Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance,but did EMI buy out the Pye/Nixa catalogue,or just
> the Barbirolli stuff ?

They released Nixa titles that were not by Barbirolli, such as the
London Baroque Ensemble. There was a bunch of reissues marked "Phoenixa"
around 1991.

AFAIK they bought the whole Nixa classical catalogue. Fellside (Lake) are reissuing
the jazz catalogue, but I think this is under license from EMI.