Re: [ARSCLIST] VHS and Beta (was Re: [ARSCLIST] Longevity)

Tom Fine wrote:

> Hi Don:
>
> This is actually not true. Last I read, vast majority of DVD owners listen thru their TV speakers.

The vast majority of DVDs aren't worth watching/hearing any other way. Who needs Adam Sandler in
surround sound? For that matter, who needs Adam Sandler?

> No way "many people" have anything resembling a surround system. Very low WAF (wife-acceptance
> factor), even for two large, full-range speakers, in most homes.

Fortunately, we went for running our VHS audio through the living room's system as soon as we bought a
HiFi VHS, and when DVD came along it replaced the CD player. I still haven't sprung for surround sound
and probably won't, if the SACD catalogue isn't going to be there.

dl