Re: [ARSCLIST] "Forever" is hype (was Re: [ARSCLIST] Why sticky shed happened)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Mike Richter wrote:

> In advertising language, "forever" means 'for a long time' and "long" is
> left undefined. The ultimate case for me is "Diamonds are forever" with
> its variants.

It has always amused (frustrated?) me that in preservation circles 75
years if often considered an adequate marker for longevity...

An to think I was hoping I would last longer than that...

As for "Diamonds are forever," I am fond of the phrase, "diamonds and
styrofoam are forever."--not an original with me.

Karl