Re: [ARSCLIST] Writing 24/96 files to DVD

Lou Judson wrote:
Pardon my innocent question as I am only a humble Mac user - but don't Windows computers burn DVDs natively? Or do you want it playable as DVD-A instead of as data? I use Toast on Macs though it can be done by the OS easily... Sorry I don't know this!

A Wintel box burns DVDs exactly as a Mac box does: using the appropriate hardware and software. Suitable hardware is in some machines of either flavor and can be added to others. Suitable software comes with the Mac, I'm told, but must be acquired for the PC. In general, the burner will include DVD-creation software in its bundle whether it is built in or added on.

There are many choices of DVD authoring software for Wintel, each with its advantages and limitations. On that box, you pays yer money and yer takes yer cherce. On the Mac, there is neither additional cost nor much flexibility.

NOTE: I haven't run a Mac since I sold mine over a decade ago, so what I write about it is from my understanding of their product descriptions and reports from users.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/