Re: [ARSCLIST] Why sticky shed happened

In a message dated 6/26/2006 11:38:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The "why?" is very uninteresting from a legal perspective. I hope, at
this point, no one wishes to redress any losses due to tape
degradation.

I think there have been some issues with color prints, with people who paid
substantial amounts for photography of weddings and graduations that were
advertised as "forever" and now are nearly blank sheets of paper. Right now I'm
reviewing 16 mm prints that are just magenta shadows, soon to disappear
completely.

We should be grateful that we have ways of recovering at least something from
the degraded magnetic recordings.

Mike Csontos