Re: [ARSCLIST] Duplicate Record Sale Coming Up

Susan Stinson wrote:

> Belfer Audio Archive at Syracuse University Library is having a sale of
> duplicate records - 78s, LPs and 45s this year - as well as assorted
> paper materials and a few items of home-type equipment - and
> who-knows-what-else we  may still find.
>
> Prices for most discs are a dollar each for small quantities, with
> prices shrinking as your piles of purchases grow.  Sunday's shorter
> hours will be a special $5 per grocery bag so that you can affordably
> get all the things you weren't sure about eariler in the weekend!
>
> The sale will be held in the lobby of the Belfer building, next to ES
> Bird Library on campus. - Waverly Ave. at Walnut, if you go looking on a
> map.  The rest of the Belfer facility will not be open for visitors or
> researchers for the weekend.  Dates are July 14 (11AM-7PM) July 15
> (9AM-5PM) and July 16 11AM-4PM).
>
> Park at meters in front of the library, around Walnut park-unless you
> can find the free spots 2 or 3 blocks further down, or in the pay lot
> kitty-corner to the library.
>
> We welcome travel-related questions by phone or email, but there is no
> list of what is in the sale, so don't ask.  Ya gotta come browse!  The
> coffee pot will probably be on as well. Hope to see some of you here.
>
> Susan T Stinson, Curator
> Belfer Audio Laboratory and Archive
> Syracuse University Library
> 222 Waverly Avenue
> Syracuse, NY 13244-2010
> 315-443-3477 / fax 443-4866

My wife just said I can't go coz I got too many records. (You wouldn't believe
the estate sale I've been buying from, over the last few weeks..of a guy who
had too many records..and in fact I have to check, since the sale of some of
his "better stuff" might be that same weekend.)

Seriously..these Belfer sales are great. Last year there were only a few of us
there at any one time and there were thousands of unsold records. I contacted a
couple of people and one drove in after work from Buffalo, and Sue and company
stayed late just to see the stuff move (a tiny percentage of it at any rate).

dl