Re: [ARSCLIST] Ampex 456 - tip of the iceberg...chemistry

Scott D. Smith wrote:
>...I have never been able to get anyone from
> BASF/AGFA to own up to the problem.

I suppose I should mention the elephant in the room.

If somebody could prove that a tape manufacturer knowingly sold tape having the sticky-shed problem, it would open them up to product liability lawsuits from the major broadcasters, film studios and record labels.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com