Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

Sorry about that.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 3:13 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

phillip holmes wrote:
I was mesmerized the first time I watched a 78. I didn't pay any attention to the music. I was stunned to see the arm move across so quickly and how an off center pressing looked so "wild assed" to me. I didn't know how it stayed in the groove (the idea of tracking at ounces was a surprise). Later I was stunned by how good they can sound when you weren't using the wrong stylus and playback EQ.
Phillip

Your first sentence threw me - until I realized you didn't see a 78 until you knew LPs. My first two record players played only the records of the day - 78s. (The second one had a radio in it as well.)

Man, am I feeling *old*!

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx