Re: [ARSCLIST] Ampex 456

Back when we were still using tape for film production sound recording and studio work, I would always cut off the batch number tab and stick it to the inside of the box, just so that we would have a reference when there was a problem (and there were problems!).

Of course 100 years from now when someone goes back to open these boxes I don't know if it will do them much good...

Scott D. Smith

Chicago Audio Works, Inc.

Quoting Lou Judson <loujudson@xxxxxxx>:

Reading the jkc lab report, I got to wondering: At this late date,
would it be possible in any way to find out manufacturing dates and
places from the serial number on the Scotch reel tabs? I'll bet few
people saved them with their specific pancakes, but some people I knew
left them at the head of the tape... (no comment on occasional damage
from rewinding tapes with sticky tape at the head...)

<L>