Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo Records

I was an avid electronics nerd in the late 50's and lived in the Schenectady, NY area(where GE was born). We had an FM station with call lettersWGFM, which has since left us. The station was supported by GE and we were able to listen to some of the first true multiplex FM stereo in, I think, 1958/1959. Our local electronics store sold a stereo converter unit, made by/for GE, that received signal from a wire that had to be soldered onto the circuit board of our FM tuner. My father took a great leap of faith. Some of what they played on WGFM was from records. I miss the days of circuit boards and tubes. FBS