Re: [ARSCLIST] Vanguard Classics reappears in 2 cd sets

Hello David

On 09/06/06, David Lewis wrote:
> Tome Fine wrote:
>
> I should point out that from everything I've read, SACD sales have
> been underwhelming so don't count on record companies having too much
> interest to spend too much for that kind of thing.
>
> ****
> Too bad -- I love this format. The disc of "Screamers" Mercury did in
> SACD was awesome. It actually sounds better than the average, "new"
> recording in full-on digital sound, though that's my opinion.

The Mercury SACDs I have heard have been superb. Perhaps the
"Nutcracker", which came from a film recording, is not quite as good as
the others, but it is still pretty good. I plan to get all 15 while they are available.

The RCA Living Stereo series also has outstanding sound quality.

To my mind, this is how an archive of important recordings should be
preserved.

Regards
--
Don Cox