Re: [ARSCLIST] Dual Cassette conundrum

Hi,
   All the other responses have been  good.
   Mr. Tom Fine's comment is right on. You got your
expected life and more out of it.
   Try not to throw more money away on it as it is old
enough that the drive belts are probably stretched
out,
the felt clutches are worn, the motor bearings have a
lot of mileage and the head is probably very worn.
An
investment into service now may not give enough return
over its anticipated remaining life.
No cost things to try/do :
1. Clean head in record deck
2. rotate record level controls and listen for
scratchy
   sounds. If present, spray some low cost electrical

   contact cleaner inside the control
3. just use it as a playback deck, dubbing to another
   single  well newer deck.
4. makes a great door-stop.

Chris
eugene-audio