Re: [ARSCLIST] Dual Cassette conundrum

Be happy, thrilled, you got 12 years out of it and buy a new Tascam deck before they stop making them. Surely it's been more than amortized by now.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Klara Foeller" <klf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:57 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Dual Cassette conundrum

Hello all,

Our oral historian just called me to tell me that his 12 year old, Sony TC-WR545 dual cassette recorder is not recording Channel 2. The player module is reading the second channel audio, but the recording module isn't. My dam silly idea was that a capstan might be dirty somewhere, but other than that lame suggestion, I have no idea what's with the machine. I did ask if he had a manual (of course not) and suggested an upgrade of equipment.

Any bright ideas anyone?

Klara Foeller, Curator
Moving Image & Sound Collections
Missouri Historical Society