Re: [ARSCLIST] The future of analog (fwd)

AARGH !

I've always understood that anything sold from a goodwill store, is
sold   AS-IS- no warranties applied or given !!
It will be a sad day indeed when the goodwills cannot sell used
electronics.  Or even  when one cannot sell ones' used electronics in
ones' own garage sale , a hamfest or flea market or Ebay because of a
possible lawsuit.
It's simple enough to apply a little common sense about what one is
about to buy and the ramifications applied thereto .

I won't go into what I think about shyster lawyers.  OOPS !

BH

>>> thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx 6/1/2006 1:46 PM >>>
Then how have Goodwill,Salvation Army,etc. avoided lawsuits all these
years  ?
  Roger
Don Cox <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On 31/05/06, RA Friedman wrote:
> I recently theorized that companies would rather depreciate the
> equipment down to naught for tax purposes (dumpster material) than
> have to deal with donating or selling used stuff. Is this logic
sound?

They do not want to risk any legal comeback if equipment that is sold
or
given away goes wrong.

If somebody gives you an old turntable, and your child electrocutes
itself with it, your lawyers might well advise suing the donor.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx