Re: [ARSCLIST] Headphone Amplifers?

At 02:38 PM 6/1/2006, andy kolovos wrote:
A question primarily for those of you working in institutional environments with listening stations, but also relevant to others--

What headphone amplifiers are people using? I'm currently in the market for a headphone amp or two as we retool our listening environment, and I'm curious as to what others are employing in addition to getting some suggestions.

My needs are simple--

1) inputs for two to four listeners, each with an individual volume control.
2) 1/4" jacks
3) limited features (e.g. volume knob, mono/stereo option, but not much else)
4)smallish (i.e. not a rackmount monster unit)
5) sub $125 a unit

Hi, Andy, I've had mine for about 4-5 years but I think it's discontinued. http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=92

Did you notice it in the studio?

Review: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1997_articles/mar97/samsonq5.html

This one is newer, uglier, cheaper $50 at Sweetwater:
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1698

Cheers,

Richard