Re: [ARSCLIST] lateral cut switch

In the spirit of options , I offer these thoughts.

Some years ago I wired a 16 inch Pickering tonearm with a phase
inversion switch. The DPDT switch is mounted in the channel  in the
tonearm portion of the assembly and consequently avoids adding mass to
the cartridge mount.  The switch is a subminiature  " MICRO"  type that
easily fits into the channel. The hole for the toggle was located above
a cutout in the arm making installation very easy.
The bearings in the pivot were removed and cleaned/ lubricated with a
very thin grease . The needle bearings for the pickup were cleaned and
left dry.

Completly trouble free service for the last twenty or more years.

Why not ( If you have a second cartridge to spare )  wire a second head
shell with the phase invertion already installed ?  I'm guessing that
your tonearm has a socket and that the shell isn't hardwired into the
arm assembly.

Please excuse me if I sound insulting as it isn't meant to be in any
way shape or form.

Best !

Bob Hodge

Robert Hodge,